Tuesday, April 10, 2012

More 15mm ACW

These took me FOREVER!  I started these the same day I started Mass Effect 3....and ME3 got most of my time!

I wanted to try out Old Glory and Blue Moon Manufacturing (which these are a mix of) to see how they compare to Peter Pig.  As I mentioned before, I have decided that I like PP's figures better!  Dont get me wrong - the OG and BM stuff are great.  Very nicely detailed, and a lot of them have great character.  On the down side, when I choose 15mm, I want a true 15mm figure.  Also, a few of the Blue Moon figures had some really bad sculpts - the faces were just blobs.

My next project will be some 10mm ACW figures...



a couple comparison shots - Peter Pig unit on the left, Blue Moon and Old Glory on the right.

5 comments:

  1. So you're saying that even though the PP figs are smaller they are better detailed and the faces are better? Your new batch (on the right) certainly does not look bad! Overall, it is a NICE set in regards to color, shading and presentation. I like them alot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is quite a difference in size, I suppose you could mix them as they wouldn't look too bad together in a massed unit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anyway, the units are vey nice, a very good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must admit I also prefer the Peter Pig. However I do use OG in my armies for the added variation in poses

    ReplyDelete
  5. That are some nice painted figures. The size comparison is quite big indeed.

    Greetings
    Peter
    http://peterscave.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete