I happened across a cool Battle Of The Nile game at Historicon last summer. It was my first time seeing 1/1200 Napoleonic ship models. They grabbed my attention, and it just so happened one of the vendors at the con were selling Langton boats, so I picked up a couple.
I finally got around to trying my hand at one. My first and last....
The ship itself wasnt terribly difficult to build or paint, but the standing rigging on the masts were friggin' insane. And what I have done is just the standing rigging!!!! They have instructions for doing the running rigging too!!!! Very fiddly, and Im not the patient type.
Anyway, here is my attempt at a 64 gun Spanish vessel, 1/1200 scale from Langton Miniatures:
Well, I wouldn't know what you didn't include as far as the rigging goes, but that's pretty damn impressive. Your water effects are always nice. Keep those others ones for a rainy day, I bet you would do them all justice. Nice job, sir!
ReplyDeleteThats insane with the rigging, excellent work, if I was ever to do ships it would be anything without rigging.My drooling (literally) hat is off to you sir.
ReplyDelete